Pages

李白 (Li Bai, 701-762AD): 静夜思 (Thoughts on a Still Night)

床前明月光,
疑是地上霜。
举头望明月,
低头思故乡。


Before my bed, the moon is shining bright,
I think that it is frost upon the ground.
I raise my head and look at the bright moon,
I lower my head and think of home.


地上 dì shang on the ground / on the floor
低头 dī tóu to bow the head
明月 míng yuè bright moon / refers to 夜明珠, a legendary pearl that can glow in the dark / CL:輪|轮[lun2]
思 sī to think / to consider
头 tóu head / hair style / the top / end / beginning or end / a stub / remnant / chief / boss / side / aspect / first / leading / classifier for pigs or livestock / CL:個|个[ge4]
头 tou suff. for nouns
疑 yí to doubt / to misbelieve / to suspect

Here's a video about the poem:

Zannnie

NihaoHello is designed to meet the increasing demand for Mandarin Chinese language learning among the younger generation. We specialize in providing homeschooling and tutoring services specifically for English speakers, focusing on teaching essential yet practical Mandarin Chinese skills. Our program is geared towards beginner learners and is designed to provide immediate practical usage as soon as the global economy improves.

No comments: